Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Quick Updates

I cannot believe it is the last day of June and I haven't had a chance to post an update since the 15th. So much has been happening, and I apologize for waiting so long to write!

Life has been nuts. I don't have a clue how I'm handling it right now ... and to be frank, I'm not really balancing it well at all. I always considered being busy as a blessing, but being soooo busy might not be as good as I once thought. I've been so stressed I'm getting sick, I haven't slept more than 4 hours a night in three weeks, and the worst part -- OK lets see if I can admit this to the world -- I have now found 9 gray hairs on my head. 9! And there are probably more in back, yikes! I blame it completely 100% on stress, although my mom tends to think it has a bit to do with heredity. Whatever mom, if you want to take the blame be my guest!

However, amidst all of the chaos and sleepless nights, I have been having some fantastic adventures: Of course as you know I advanced in my dance competition and will get to compete in the final round in August for which I've been trying to rehearse as much as possible. In addition to that, I had the opportunity to participate in my home town's "Old Canal Days" parade; I rode a float with local girl scout troops and each girl had her own little tiara -- so cute! I've been to 2 out-of-town weddings with about 5 more to come before my summer is through. It has been wonderful to see people beginning their lives together, and now that I can enjoy the cake without feeling guilty (!) its extra wonderful! I co-hosted the ABC 7 Traffic Jam 5K run in Grant Park, and I played BINGO with adults with disabilities at Bethsham in Palos Heights. I'm planning to move August 1st, so finding a place to live has been lots of fun -- we haven't found anything yet, but I am confident my roommate and I will find our gem eventually! And lastly (almost), I've been trying to be as active as possible in different areas of business to learn as much as I can about my career and being a successful business woman and entrepreneur - tonight I will attend an event in Chicago called "Step Up for Beauty and Brains." And lastly (for real), I've been setting up appointments to instruct women on proper skin care as I had planned, and have been scheduling appointments for myself on how to keep my body healthy and balanced through proper nutrition and exercise. It really has been a crazy load of different activities lately, and I've been learning so much. There really is nothing like learning and networking and having new experiences!!!

OK So now I've got to run, but that was the quick update. I hope to have a more thoroughly composed and more interesting blog post to write in the next few days, but we'll see. I hope everyone has a safe and fantastic holiday weekend!

Cheers!

0 comments:

Post a Comment