Thursday, July 8, 2010

I'm so excited for all of the wonderful young women who are in preparation mode for the 2011 Miss Illinois USA Pageant! A few girls have gotten in touch with me with their questions, and I must say ... the energy is incredible. I'm so proud of everyone who is laying out her goals and going for it! As Walt Disney once said, "If you dream it, you can do it." I believe it!

This weekend I'll be attending an event in Chicago that should be a great time. There will be live music, vendors, shows ... and I get to hang out in the VIP tent! Earlier in the week my dance partner and I began really rehearsing our dance number for the competition that will take place in Chicago on August 7th, and woooo it's gonna be saucy! We're doing a tango that breaks into a salsa, I'm so excited :) He's teaching me to do some wild moves though, and actually on Tuesday I totally threw out my neck! It still hurts to look down no matter how much I stretch. EEK! But now that my neck knows the trouble its in for, it probably won't ache as much after the next practice (at least I hope not).

Have a great weekend everyone, keep working toward your goals ... and don't let yourself get too hot with this icky weather!! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment