Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Spring Cleaning Comes Early

As a recent graduate from the University of Illinois, but a woman who is passionately entailed with the dream of becoming the next Miss USA, I have to admit … I still live with my parents. Some may see this as negative, but in fact … it’s marvelous. Actually, it’s so good that I don’t really want to leave! OK, that’s not true. I’m dying for my own place. But lets put the emphasis on how wonderful living at home is for now, and talk about my future aspirations later.

My fantastic mother keeps a very clean house, but over the past few days as we’ve been preparing for a few out of town guests to visit, we’ve been cleaning Danny-Tanner-style around here. I mean … I think I evened vacuumed the underside of rugs. My dad polished the knobs on the stove and dusted in the garage. My mom cleaned the laundry room so well that it looks like it could be a contender for the Good Housekeeping Magazine! I’m telling you – it’s been a cleaning madhouse around here. And for how clean our house usually is, I’m surprised at how much of an improvement this was!

Anyway … now that the house is in mint condition, I think my poor mother feels a little bit better. Tip for all the kids reading this: Making momma happy is a good thing. Take that for what it is and believe it with all your heart boys and girls. As the saying goes, “If momma ain’t happy, nobody’s happy!” Hate it break it to you folks, but it’s soooo true. And if your mom is anything like mine, then she must also be the most amazing woman in the world. My mom has jumped through hoops of blazing fire for me over the past few months. She will bend over backwards and twist inside out to help me, and I have no idea on the planet earth how I will ever in a hundred thousand million years repay her in the way she deserves. Do any of you ever feel that way? Finding a way to repay someone who has given her heart and soul to helping you? It’s a tough battle to find a solution, but I’m sure it can be done. Like the nice man who helped me with my suitcase proved, a small kind gesture can go a super long way!

I tried some new cardio workouts this week, which I will share with you soooooon! I’m officially at 55 days until I board the flight to Vegas so its mega crunch time. My magnificent trainer Toni gave me a new eating regimen to follow, and it looks like it’s going to be suuuuper tough, but I know I can do it. As my other trainer, Josh, put it … “You can do anything for 55 days!” And that’s exactly right!

Miss USA Pageant … here I come with my body in check, whether I like it or not!! Yahoo!

0 comments:

Post a Comment