Sunday, March 28, 2010

I'm a Crafty Lady

My mom and dad are in Mexico celebrating their 25th wedding anniversary right now. They're going to be a bit surprised when they get home to find that I've done a little remodeling :)

With only 5 weeks until I leave for the Miss USA Pageant, you can only imagine the vast amount of preparations that still need to happen. Well ... part of that includes organizing and styling my wardrobe for the two weeks I will spend rehearsing and making appearances with the other 50 delegates from May 3rd until May 15th. With my teeny tiny little "walk-in" closet looking more like it has been hit by a fashion tornado than the way it should ... I thought it best to install another closet rod to hang and organize my things. Ummm, but, not in my closet.

I chose one of my bedroom walls, went to Home Depot to get the supplies, found my dad's drill in the garage, and went to town. First I had to find a stud in the wall to mount my first bracket. It took me awhile to figure it out, but I finally discovered that studs are 4 feet apart behind my walls. Once I figured that out, it was a snap! I measured and drilled my three brackets along the wall, installed the silver 8-foot pole, and said "VIOLA!" Now I have a wonderful 8 foot spot to hang and organize my wardrobe for Vegas! Sooooo much easier and more efficient. And COOL that I figured out how to do it on my own. I'm a regular cratfyman. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment