Monday, December 21, 2009

Weight Training Workout

Proof that you NEED to try this workout: MY BODY IS KILLING ME!!!!! In a good way. I did this routine Saturday morning and it's hard for me to get up out of my chair today at the office. A much as the aching is a pain in the butt (haha, no pun intended!!!) ... it's nice to know I worked my body, and I bet you'll appreciate it too, so go give this workout a shot!!

I'm going to call it the "Three and One Point Five" Workout:
It's easy.

At your gym I'm sure there are a bunch of weight machines. Choose three, complete three sets of 15 reps at a weight that is challenging (but do-able three times through). When I did this, I was grunting and groaning by the end of each set of 15 because it had gotten that difficult -- aim for the grunt. :) After the weight lifting ... you're sprinting. See example that follows.

First I chose two leg machines and a butt machine. After 3 sets of 15 reps on each machine I went to the treadmill and sprinted for 1.5 minutes at 9.0 speed. It's only a minute and a half, and it takes the machine about 30 seconds to get up to 9.0 anyway. YOU CAN DO IT!!!

After the sprint, go back to three DIFFERENT machines. This time I chose a bicep, a tricep, and a shoulder exercise. When I finished three set of 15 reps on each I went to the treadmill again for a sprint -- 1.5 minutes at 9.0 speed. DO IT!!!

Repeat this until you have run on the treadmill 5 times. At 9.0 for 1.5 minutes you should be traveling approximately 0.2 miles. After 5 times you have run 1 mile at 9.0, which when mixed in between weight training is amazing for your heart, your metabolism, your endurance, your everything!!

This whole workout took me about an hour, and I'm telling you ... it was awesome. And for those who have not yet conquered your fear of the free weights area -- try venturing to that scary beyond during this workout. I used the smith machine and did arm curls in the free weights area and since I was running back and forth between free weights, machines and the treadmill, it looked like I knew what I was doing, lol.

GOOD LUCK!! And let me know what you think :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment