Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Inspiring Poem

Oddly, I am designing a program for an upcoming Bat Mitzvah, which has been an interesting learning experience for me since I am not Jewish. It has been important for me to learn more about this religion before designing the pieces for the celebration and I can safely say that is has been quite eye opening! I am happy to know more about a religion other than my own and I am now excited to attend the ceremony and reception that is quickly approaching.

While going through the readings for the ceremony I found this poem. I thought I would share it with you, and hope that maybe all of us could take some time to appreciate the good. I certainly forget sometimes ... particularly while I'm walking to work in the rain and cold thinking, "UGH! THIS SUCKS!" Gotta remember to appreciate the fact that I'm walking to my JOB - something that many people wish they had right now. It's the little things, right?

Anyway, enjoy!

SLOW DANCE

Have you ever watch kids play on a merry-go-round?
Or listened to the rain slapping on the ground?
Ever followed a butterfly’s erratic flight?
Or gazed at the sun into the fading night?
You better slow down, don’t dance to fast.
Time is short, the music won’t last.

Do you run through each day on the fly?
When you ask “How are you?” Do you hear the reply?
When the day is done, do you lie in your bed with the next hundred chores running through your head?
You better slow down, don’t dance to fast.
Time is short, the music won’t last.

Ever told your child we’ll do it tomorrow? And in your haste not see the sorrow?
Ever lost touch, let a good friendship die,
'cause you never had time to call and say, “Hi”?
You better slow down, don’t dance to fast.
Time is short, the music won’t last.

When you run so fast to get somewhere,
you miss half the fun of getting there.

When you worry and hurry through your day,
It’s like an unopened gift . . .thrown away.

Life is not a race.
Do take it slower
Hear the music
Before the song is over.

0 comments:

Post a Comment