Thursday, May 6, 2010

Thursday

Today was a great day, although it had a very early start. Most of us woke up at 4am to prepare for the swimsuit photoshoot at the Planet Hollywood pool. We lined up outside in our swimsuits in the super cold weather and smiled our best pearly whites while the photographers snapped away. We were being watched by a helicopter circling right above us almost the entire time! It was fun, but brrrr it was cold!

After the swimsuit shoot we headed to the PH ballroom to be worked out in a bootcamp. We did some cardio work as well as some ab exercises and worked up a good heart rate by the end. That was the first time we had the opportunity to work out since arriving in Vegas. I think that has the most difficult part for me ... not being able to work out. I'm not used to eating the foods they are offering me here, and then not being able to work out on top of it. It has really been paying a toll on my body. We have another work out tomorrow, which is good ... and we also start rehearsals tomorrow. I'm sincerely hoping that rehearsals will constitute as some sort of aerobic activity to get my heart going. I need a little blood pumping through these veins!

After the workout we split into groups and traveled around to different events in the city. I got to make cards for kids in hospitals, compliments of Project Sunshine. It was a really nice thing to do for the sick children, and I hope the kids in Chicago who receive my cards will be excited! :) After that, I had the opportunity to go to the Cupcakery ... a delicious little cupcake shop! We put on some super cute aprons and went to town with frosting, sprinkles, and even glitter to decorate cupcakes in all sort of different ways. They were sooooo so so so yummy. MMM! I took one lick of the peanut butter frosting and knew I was in heaven. The staff at the Cupcakery even made cupcakes that had our pictures on them!!! They were soooo cute, and also super delicious. MMMM CUPCAKES!

Later in the day we went to see the Price is Right Live in Las Vegas. It was similar to the Price is Right Game Show that you've seen on TV, just with different hosts. It was fun to participate and see the people win prizes while Kristen Dalton, the current Miss USA, modeled on stage, showing off the different products. She's so beautiful. I don't know how she does it every day!

After dinner, we went upstairs to have our evening gowns "checked" for the show. They needed to make sure everything fit properly, and that the girls knew what they were going to wear. Some girls brought more than one dress with them, and others knew exactly what they would be wearing. Everything is so beautiful. This is going to be one heck of a competition next week.

All in all, the day went well, but boy am I sleepy. I really really really want to work out in some fashion right now, but I'm worried that the moment I start I'm just going to want to go to sleep instead!! I'm considering taking a short nap since we have the night off, and getting started on a workout once I've had a moment of shut eye. The first presentation is only 5 days away, ahh!! I'm so excited for all of the action to begin!

:)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your fans here in Illinois are so glad you're having a great time! Keep your eye on the prize and you'll do great =)

Post a Comment