Sunday, April 25, 2010

1 Week Countdown

Here it is ... my last week to prepare for Miss USA. In only 7 short days, I'll be writing about leaving for Vegas. AH!

I woke up this morning feeling excited and anxious. I met my friend Molly at the recreation park at 9am and we ran hills until we couldn't feel our butts anymore. Then we did abs until they burned so badly we wanted to cry. And we did it all with peeeerfect timing, since it started to rain the moment we finished. It must have been God saying, "OK, you've done a good job, now go home and rest!"

I've got a busy week ahead of me, but I'm sure the time will fly. I'll be finishing up alterations on my evening gown, picking up my earrings for it, putting the final touches on my wardrobe for rehearsals and appearances, practicing the walk on stage, and doing mock-interviews. In addition, I'll be throwing the first pitch at the Cubs Game this Tuesday, working on fine tuning my body for the swimsuit competition, practicing putting on those dang false eyelashes (yikes!), and a bunch of other odds and ends. Thursday night my bootcamp is having a little send off party for me at the bowling alley, and Friday my mom has decided to have an open house with close friends and family. I'm so excited for this week and to leave for the Miss USA Pageant! Only 7 days. Wow. It's nearly here!

0 comments:

Post a Comment