Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Benefits of Water

Drink up folks ...

According to "ShapeFit":
The human body, which is made up of between 55 and 75 percent water (lean people have more water in their bodies because muscle holds more water than fat), is in need of constant water replenishment.

Your lungs expel between two and four cups of water each day through normal breathing - even more on a cold day. If your feet sweat, there goes another cup of water. If you make half a dozen trips to the bathroom during the day, that's six cups of water. If you perspire, you expel about two cups of water (which doesn't include exercise-induced perspiration).

Water is crucial to your health. It makes up, on average, 60 percent of your body weight. Every system in your body depends on water.

**************************

Ashley's tips:
#1
I bring a 1 liter bottle of water with me wherever I go during the day and try to get through it 2-4 times before I go to bed. 4 liters equals about a gallon of water, so if this doesn't sound right for you, I recommend trying to get through 2 liters per day instead of 4! As you may know, toooooo much water can be a bad thing :)

Also, I work in an office, so I have the ability to use the restroom all day long. I do NOT recommend trying to get through 4 liters of water if you are out about and on the go all day long. As you can imagine, the need for a restroom can come up quite often when you're going through that much water. However, keep in mind that your body is being flushed with this water, and that you are not drinking it for nothing.

#2
When you think you're hungry, drink one or two tall glasses of water first. Thirst and hunger are often confused ... and if its thirst you can make your tummy feel better without the calories!

#3
If you just don't enjoy drinking water, don't worry. I didn't used to like it either, but now that I've MADE myself drink it ... I crave it! You can too. OOR, sometimes when I'm bored with the plain taste of water I'll add some crystal light ... or I'll even purchase "Clear," the sugar free, naturally flavored, sparkling water bottles (click here to see)

GOOD LUCK DRINKING! DO YOUR BODY WELL!

0 comments:

Post a Comment